Vision and Mission
The Center for Health System Innovation (CHSI) will be an international leader in the development, evaluation and implementation of new methods that improve access to and the quality of chronic and acute health services interventions in all aspects of disseminated care delivery including the maintenance of wellness. CHSI will be housed within Keck Medicine of USC to maximize the translation of innovation into sustainable outcome improvements in the USC Health System. The CHSI will report to the Vice President of Research of USC, for the purpose of engaging faculty, staff and students throughout USC in CHSI’s mission.
Initially, it is expected that CHSI will focus on these topics:
- Create a Learning Health System in which continuous quality improvement and systems innovation are stimulated and reinforced at all levels of the organization
- Implement integration of research projects into daily operations; engage collaborative interaction between health system professionals and (future) health operations administrators/researchers
- Obtain research funding for process/quality improvement and healthcare/systems outcomes projects
- Foster national and international collaboration with leading institutions to ensure USC’s prime position in this developing field
- Develop Fellowships and other educational tracks for graduate students in Medicine and University disciplines affiliated with the center
The CHSI is expected to attain measurable improvements in defined areas at Keck Medicine. Our goal is also to create an internationally renowned center for innovation in health systems through publication, sponsored research, outreach, industry partnerships, and technology transfer.